Ingredients 4 servings
- 1 oz. Chicken Breast (boneless, skinless)
- 1/3 tsp Dried Thyme
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt (divided)
- 2 tsps. Avocado Oil (divided)
- ½ Yellow Onion (chopped)
- 2 stalks Celery (chopped)
- 2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
- 1 1/4 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 1/4 cups Canned Coconut Milk Low Fat
- 2 tbsps. Lime Juice
- 2 cups Arugula
- 1 Avocado (sliced)
- In a shallow dish, add the chicken and season with thyme, onion powder, half the sea salt and half the avocado oil.
- In a dutch oven, over medium heat, add the remaining avocado oil along with the onion and celery and cook for 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute more. Add the chicken to the pot and brown on all sides, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the broth and lower the heat to medium-low and let it simmer for about 10 minutes. Remove the chicken and shred it using two forks. Return to the pot along with the coconut milk (can also be done with oat milk) lime juice and remaining sea salt and stir to combine.
- Divide the chicken into bowls and top with arugula and avocado. Enjoy!